Don’t start Class XI admissions: Maharashtra education department to colleges

The state education department on Friday warned all junior colleges against conducting Class XI admissions.
Dattatray Jagtap, Director (secondary and higher secondary), state education department, said in a statement that it had been brought to their notice that some colleges had begun inviting applications for first-year junior college (FYJC) admissions on social media platforms.
Meanwhile, a day after Bombay high court pulled up the state for cancelling the SSC exams, chief minister Uddhav Thackeray told media persons during his visit to Konkan on Friday a decision on the exams issue will be taken in two to three days.
Principals and students in the city now say an entrance test in July-August is the best solution.